One of the simplest ways to dramatically enhance the quality of your life is to upgrade your sleep quality with a brand-new, high-comfort mattress. This is especially true if you can’t remember the last time you replaced yours, if you inherited an old one, or are sleeping on an inferior-grade, low-quality mattress. After all, a great or a terrible mattress can make a huge difference in the quantity and quality of sleep you’re getting each and every night.
It goes without saying that all mattresses are not created equal. While most of today’s modern mattresses are manufactured with the latest technology and ultra-comfort designs, there are many differences among the various types of mattresses and springs sold in stores. Choosing the right one depends on your personal preferences, which include your budget and your own opinion on what’s comfortable.
The Mattress Factory is proud to offer a wide selection of all kinds of mattresses—including two of the most popular types: innerspring and pocket coil spring. In this article, we will focus on comparing traditional innerspring mattresses and pocket coil spring mattresses to help you prepare for your next purchase.
What Exactly Are Innerspring and Pocket Coil Mattresses?
The innerspring mattress is the most common and popular style of mattress, that has been sold in mattress stores for more than a century. This type of mattress involves a network of interconnected coils that provide support and relieve pressure on various points of the body. It is known for being a durable product that can last for many years.
In contrast, a pocket coil spring mattress involves individual springs that are positioned in little pockets of cloth—just as the name suggests. These springs are tucked under the padding of the top of the mattress. The individual springs make room for extra movement in the mattress. In general, the more springs there are, the higher the level of comfort and support will be felt.
Comparing Innerspring Mattress and Pocket Coil Spring Mattresses
While both mattress types are great choices for those hoping to upgrade with a new one, the best way to tell which one is right for you is to lay down on them to compare comfort. Of course, there are other points to consider as well—so until you have a chance to visit the mattress stores to shop around, here’s a list of some of the main differences between the two models.
- Level of Comfort: The major difference between the innerspring mattress and the pocket coil spring mattress lies on the way they respond to pressure points. Although traditional innerspring mattresses are durable, many people complain about pain from pressure points when using such type of mattress. Areas such as the hips and shoulders which carry the weight can put pressure into the springs, and this can cause pain in the areas.
- Cost of the Mattress: The low price of innerspring mattresses are a huge factor in the popularity they’ve seen for decades. However, the lowest-priced innerspring mattresses have cheaper foams as well, which are uncomfortable and aren’t always such a great deal in the long run.
Mattress prices vary widely, and pocket coil spring mattresses usually cost more. However, innerspring models can cost a higher price as well, depending on the quality of the mattress. The trick is finding an affordable mattress made with the best quality materials possible for ultimate durability and comfort.
- Motion Transfer to the Other Side of the Bed: The traditional innerspring mattress transfers a lot of motion from one side of the bed to the other side as the springs are interconnected into a single network. With this, light sleepers may have an undesirable sleeping experience if they share the bed with someone else.
On the other hand, pocket coil spring mattresses only transfer minimal motion—significantly less than innerspring mattresses—because each spring is wrapped and tucked under the padding on its own. So if you are a couple or you are sharing the bed, both of you can have a good night’s sleep. For sensitive sleepers, this can be a huge plus.
The Leading Among Mattress Stores in Philadelphia
If you are researching the highest rated, most trusted mattress stores in Philadelphia, look no further than The Mattress Factory. We are a family-owned mattress store with over 60 years of experience in providing the biggest selection of leading mattress brands at the most reasonable rates.
Some of the best products that we offer include:
- Beautyrest Silver Mattress
- Beautyrest Daydreams
- Beautyrest Platinum
- Beautyrest Hybrid
- Beautyrest Black
- Serta Perfect Sleeper
- Serta iComfort
- Serta iComfort Hybrid
- Tempurpedic Flex
- Tempurpedic Adapt
- Tempurpedic ProAdapt
- Tempurpedic LuxeAdapt
- Tempurpedic Cloud
- Tempurpedic Contour
- Restonic ComfortCare
- Therapedic Backsense
- Eclipse Chiropractor’s Care
Our 120+ model inventory includes these and many more high-quality mattresses sold at factory-direct prices, and a huge selection of discount mattresses sold at doorbuster prices through our website. Plus, we provide nationwide shipping at just $69, and free removal of your old mattress set and setup of your new one for a no-hassle, zero fuss experience.
If you want to learn more about our products, give us a call today or fill out this quick online form to request a free quote from our team at The Mattress Factory.